Deepest Geocache

Die Lessies

The first cited cache was placed 11 years ago, with one DNF log two years after placement. I would hope for more activity for your cache, but I wouldn't expect much. The equipment necessary to find the cache prohibits 99.999999% of cachers from even trying to locate this one, even though you appear to have done a great job of preparing the cache for its environment..

Another extreme cache placed for the amusement of the owner.

Two or three bottom-of-the-ocean caches in the world are fine for the curiosity value. When we start getting them every 499 feet (due to elevation changes), that'll be over the top!

Edited by Cascade Reviewer
Removing potty language from quote..

The second link didn't work for me.

Ditto.

Remove the "." from the end of the link and it works.

Thanks - cool listing - better than the first of this type that I saw. B)

I seriously question the 5/5 rating for this reason. The T5 part is clear: terrain rating refers to the difficulty getting to GZ and the need for special equipment to do so. The D rating refers to how difficult it is to find the cache once you are at GZ. This cache is not camoed. In fact, the listing says that it's easy to spot because it reflects light well. I'd maybe go as high as D3 or D4, unless the surface of the ocean floor is so rough there that it's actually well-hidden. A good searchlight will pick it up pretty quickly - once you're at GZ.

Call it a 4/5. The next hider down the path will use camo, not gaudy bold-gold, and will deserve a 5/5 rating. :)

Edited by wmpastor