Dropped off my first TB that I had picked up last week

timinfla

I picked up a TB at a park near my home last week. It was in a pretty elaborate TB Hotel that has many TB's inside it. I've been very nervous to drop it off at another location and wanted to find a good temporary home for it. I had discovered some caches that were too small, damp inside, too easy to discover accidentally by a non geocacher etc... I found a nice one today that's well hidden, dry inside and was a bit tough to find so seemed okay to drop it off. I'm nervous about it after reading about so many TB's that go go missing. This TB has traveled all the way from Germany, across the Atlantic, has been in different states and currently in Florida. I hope it finds it's way to the west coast of the US as the owners wishes are. I never knew I'd worry so much about it when I retrieved it :yikes:

I picked up a TB at a park near my home last week. It was in a pretty elaborate TB Hotel that has many TB's inside it. I've been very nervous to drop it off at another location and wanted to find a good temporary home for it. I had discovered some caches that were too small, damp inside, too easy to discover accidentally by a non geocacher etc... I found a nice one today that's well hidden, dry inside and was a bit tough to find so seemed okay to drop it off. I'm nervous about it after reading about so many TB's that go go missing. This TB has traveled all the way from Germany, across the Atlantic, has been in different states and currently in Florida. I hope it finds it's way to the west coast of the US as the owners wishes are. I never knew I'd worry so much about it when I retrieved it :yikes:

As an owner of many of those TB's that have gone missing, I want to thank you for the efforts you made to keep the one that you found safe and to log it correctly.

It has two watchers at this time, are you watching it? You can follow its travels if you do.

Yes I'm watching it - I never imagined that I'd be so attached to Otto and want to see where he goes in his travels - never imagined being so nervous about him not going missing on my watch :unsure:

It has two watchers at this time, are you watching it? You can follow its travels if you do.

Thanks - I didn't know about the tracking number being shown when I took the pic of my daughter holding it. I wound up downloading a free app from Samsung for my cellphone that let me block the number before uploading it.

Sounds like you couldn't have done any more than you did. TBs are meant to travel, so the owner understands the risks and appreciates people like you taking good care of their babies. Just don't get busted up about it if it does go missing, whether from the cache you put it in or somewhere further along the line. Like our children when they go out to make their way in the world, it's impossible to protect TBs from everything.