getting published

Wrgwayandhobolos

it always worries me when this questioned is asked.

If you correctly wrote up and submitted a cache report, you were sent an email, subject something like, "cache report submitted". Among other things says that email explains reviewers strive to look at new caches within a week of submission.

The cache report email comes from noreply@geocaching.com -- be sure you can get email from that address. It's often caught in spam filters.

Note, it's the Christmas holiday, this could mean a reviewer would not be reading cache pages for a few days, traveling to family, or entertaining family....

The "target" time is seven days... assuming that all is correct and proper with the submitted placement. With no issues, time of being published is usually much faster. It is true that the Reviewers are volunteers and have their own life to run, complete with trials, tribulations, joyful times and... work! Being the Holiday Season, you should count on a delay.

The first Notification is probably just to verify that the Listing has been created. I would just check to make sure it is Enabled. Disabled Listings would have a big banner at the top explaining that you will need to Enable your Listing in order for it to be seen in the Review Queue. If you don't see that, then you're probably good to go.

You might want to update your account to your new email address while you're at it. Any Notes that the Reviewer posts on your Listing will go to the email account on record.

Happy Holidays!

I can see your cache is in the queue waiting for review. It was submitted on the 24th and as today is Christmas your local reviewer may very be doing other things - I know I am! It'll get reviewed soon :D

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Geocaching Wiki

Geocaching.com Help Center

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website

How long does it usually take to have a cach published

However long it takes for those slow fat reviewers to get on their laptops and look at your cache...

Just kidding. Usually anywhere between 2-10 days.

Ouch. That is so wrong...First, I think you just insulted the reviewers. Second-there's more to it than hitting the publish button. They review the cache, then if there are any issues they send the CO a message, the CO fixes the cache. A perfect cache-I've had it reviewed in less than 5 minutes. I've also had a cache that had issues, and it took a month.

How long does it usually take to have a cach published

However long it takes for those slow fat reviewers to get on their laptops and look at your cache...

Just kidding. Usually anywhere between 2-10 days.

I archived all your caches because they seem to be of very poor quality.

Just kidding.

See, if you say that, it's a joke and nothing else counts, right?