Geocoin collection album

VgoSprocket

Hey all. After a few years in the caching game I have collected a few coins and would like to find an album that I can display them in rather than have them sit in a box in a drawer. I'm looking for suggestions on size, especially pocket size for the pages inside the album. Preferable I'd like clear pages so you can flip the page and see the back sides of the coins. I know geocoins come in a variety of sizes, so I'm looking for an album that will accommodate that. Obviously it doesn't matter if a coin is small and doesn't fill its pocket on the page, but I'd hate to have a large coin (like my 12 12 12 coin) not fit.

Suggestions please, my Wife wants to know what to get me for Christmas!

Thanks.

the 2"x 2" clear pages are a must to fit most coins in. Sometimes you will need ball card size pages for bigger ones that some coiners (not to mention any names) seem to like to make. I prefer the heavy duty notebooks that have a zipper closure for the binder so if one get loose from a page it still stays in your notebook binder. These cost about $20 more or less. pages cost so much for a packet of 5-10 pages. only about 20 pages at most will fit in a standard book fully loaded. And with the weight that is about all you will want in one. Shoot me an email if you need any more coins!!!!

the 2"x 2" clear pages are a must to fit most coins in. Sometimes you will need ball card size pages for bigger ones that some coiners (not to mention any names) seem to like to make. I prefer the heavy duty notebooks that have a zipper closure for the binder so if one get loose from a page it still stays in your notebook binder. These cost about $20 more or less. pages cost so much for a packet of 5-10 pages. only about 20 pages at most will fit in a standard book fully loaded. And with the weight that is about all you will want in one. Shoot me an email if you need any more coins!!!!

Steve, what binders do you use? I need to get one.

Steve, what binders do you use? I need to get one.

We probably use the same ones as Steve, but the ones we use are available at Walmart or most any office supply stores, Office Depot, Staples, etc. Walmart is cheaper and comes in a variety of colors. The brand is Meade, sub-name is 'Five Star'. They are zippered binders and usually found in 1-1/2" and 2" variety and have pockets inside the binder and one zipper pocket on the outside. My coin addict here uses the 2" and has 10 binders so far for the 'collection' and 2 for 'trade coins' ... :laughing:

They sell them on Amazon, but w-a-y too pricey and seldom a choice of colors, just whatever they want to send.

The clear binder pages she uses we buy on Amazon. They are the 9-to-a-page 'trading card' size. The reason she buys 'special' ones on Amazon is that they have a flip strip over the pocket. It prevents the coins / contents from falling out ... which they WILL do when transporting the binder or letting folks 'discover' at events. A little pricey, but well worth it. >> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0069RPJDG/ref=pe_175190_21431760_3p_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

Alternative ... buy the standard 'trading card' binder pages (cheap at Walmart) and get a package of Velcro (black or white) 'buttons'. Use the buttons at top of each trading card slot and it keeps the slot closed. If you have coins (like the Planisphere or Mapamundi XXXL) you can also use the standard 4x6" photo binder sheets. You get three 4x6 slots on each page and the largest coins fit well and close them with 2 or 3 Velcro buttons at the top of the slot.

my preferences are the lead dog pages with 12 - 2.5" X 2.5" pockets (fits the true 2" coins easily,) the saflip 2.5 X 2.5 double pocket coin flips. I seal the coin page pockets shut using avery #5248 mailing seals (keeps you coins and flips from falling out of the coin page,) and put everything into binders from wal mart...my preference is the Mead Pro platinum, but I just purchased a tech gear binder for about 1/2 the price, and will try to let you know how it holds up.

ILYK

ILYL