Is there any way to tell if I have logged a travel bug before?

BasicPoke

I have just returned from an event where I got the #'s from many travel bugs. I don't know if I have seen them before, could have been 7 or 8 years ago when I saw them. Is there any way to tell if I have logged a travel bug before? The logs are not all on the same page, so I cannot search there to find out.

It sure would be nice if there were something on the trackable page that told me I had discovered that trackable before, like there is on a geocache page.

Does it matter if I just discover it again? Will it be counted twice in my trackable finds? I don't want that.

Thanks

Ron

I have just returned from an event where I got the #'s from many travel bugs. I don't know if I have seen them before, could have been 7 or 8 years ago when I saw them. Is there any way to tell if I have logged a travel bug before? The logs are not all on the same page, so I cannot search there to find out.

It sure would be nice if there were something on the trackable page that told me I had discovered that trackable before, like there is on a geocache page.

Does it matter if I just discover it again? Will it be counted twice in my trackable finds? I don't want that.

Thanks

Ron

In your profile, there's a list of all trackables that you have interacted with:

http://www.geocaching.com/my/travelbugs.aspx

Once you're on that page, there is a link "Visit Log" that will display your log for that trackable on a separate page.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

A while ago I think somebody put a suggestion into the Geocaching.com Website forum that trackable pages could have a link on them, the same as on cache pages - "You logged this on whateverdate" which would be a helpful feature to those who like to know such things. But logging trackables is rather different from logging caches and it's quite common to come across the same trackables several times in your geocaching lifetime and it's fine to log it/help it on its journey each time you see it.

MrsB :)

It just doesn't seem right to me that logging a trackable again should add to my # of trackables logged. For example, discovering the same trackable at two different events should not count as two trackables found, IMHO.

Ron

A while ago I think somebody put a suggestion into the Geocaching.com Website forum that trackable pages could have a link on them, the same as on cache pages - "You logged this on whateverdate" which would be a helpful feature to those who like to know such things. But logging trackables is rather different from logging caches and it's quite common to come across the same trackables several times in your geocaching lifetime and it's fine to log it/help it on its journey each time you see it.

MrsB :)

It just doesn't seem right to me that logging a trackable again should add to my # of trackables logged. For example, discovering the same trackable at two different events should not count as two trackables found, IMHO.

Ron

Why not? If it's a legit discover.... ?? Or if you pick it a second time and take it somewhere else?

We should be 'promoting movement' of TB's.

The system could (and maybe it does already) filter out multiple discoveries within a certain amount of time. But if you discover the same TB a month later in another cache....you're actually doing the owner a favor by communicating it's where-abouts.

Based on a test I did today, I discovered a trackable twice and it did not add to my "Trackables Logged" number. I did this for two days that were close together, and two that were months apart. And I gave it plenty of time to take place. So maybe this question was all a waste of time. Sorry folks. If you can find a case where it counts your trackable find twice, let me know.

Thanks

Ron