Amazon.com: New Etrex 20 for $166 delivered!

Fangamon

This is not Spam as I trying to let others know where you can get one cheap.

Please delete if this is not allowed...

--------------------------------

Amazon.com sells Etrex 20 for $166 delivered!

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-eTrex-Worldwide-Handheld-Navigator/dp/B00542NVDW

2mg1jsn.jpg

---------------------------------

http://www.rei.com/mp/al/product/825491?mr%3AtrackingCode=53CE8046-3FFA-E011-9A77-001B21631C34&mr%3AreferralID=NA&avad=46631_a521a251&cm_mmc=aff_AL-_-34947-_-46631-_-datafeed

ejzprb.jpg

B)

Edited by PigSti

I tried an Etrex 20 and maybe it was my unit, but the trip statistics were horribly inaccurate. Wrong MPH, wrong average MPH (I can walk 8.5mph according to my Etrex 20). It was accurate in finding geocaches though. Possible I had a defective unit, when I stepped down to the Etrex 10, I found the trip computer issues resolved.

Think I am going to get my paws on an Oregon 450 next month.

The problem with computer appears only in low motion.

Try to move slowly and see that current speed and trip distance show zero, and time to time they jump suddenly.

In real field condition this bug is recognized in the mountains.

The alghoritm of computer in low motion is somehow buggy!

The problem with computer appears only in low motion.

Try to move slowly and see that current speed and trip distance show zero, and time to time they jump suddenly.

In real field condition this bug is recognized in the mountains.

The alghoritm of computer in low motion is somehow buggy!

This has been fixed (not a bug but a failed solution) because there was a stability setting in the firmware that stopped the pointer from moving about on the map when you are standing still. On mine the breadcrumb track will move about when I'm standing still making a bit of a mess on the screen but there is no way that it stops recording so I don't have this problem. I have my point recording set to a time scale so it does not matter if I'm still because the recording is based on time intervals not movement!

I have read an article on this issue as it's not a bug but a deliberate but badly conceived solution to this wandering track issue. Unfortunately the solution created the slow moving stop/go effect that you are talking about.

When I regain that article I will post it up for all to see.