biggest card for an Oregon 450?

dukeofurl01

What is the biggest size microSD card an Oregon 450 can handle?

thanks

You might want to test and see what the most/biggest files the 450 processor can handle...

I was able to put an 8gb card in my 60Csx, read the data just fine, but once the Maps and POI files got much over 1Gb, the processor started to really bog down, map redraws and searches took forever.

-TWT

They are fine at any size. I've used a 16 GB card with 12 GB of maps for many years in an older Colorado. The amount of maps does not affect the speed of the unit at all.

While the number of maps won't matter (if there are many, most will and should probably be deselected anyway), the total size of enabled maps can hit a wall. I believe there's a limit of about 4000 segments combined between all enabled maps. I've seen it argued that disabled maps ARE included in the count, but so far, I have no reason to believe that this is true.

The problem is that of the current frequently used tools, I think only the old trusty Mapsource actually gives you an indication of segment count. I sure can't find it anywhere in Basecamp (another of several reasons I stick with Mapsource for map manipulation). Somebody said Mapinstall shows segments now, though.