Droid down load

Crusher_the_JK

Just take out the SD card on your GPS and put it into your phone/tablet. download the file into the SD card, then put it back into your GPS.

I don't think the Garmin Etrex Summit HC has a card slot.

your problem will then be mounting your GPS onto your phone, if the phone can recognize it as a storage device it should work just fine assuming you can obtain a micro to mini USB option. You can buy a regular USB to mini USB dongle easy enough, i dont think they sell a cord that has mini on one end and micro on the other.

Edited by lookout.
I need a little help. I have a Samsung Note2 Cell Phone and a Garman etex Summit HC GPS. My question has two parts to it. A- do they make a cable to go from the cell, micro mini usb to a mini usb, to the Garman. B- can you down load caches from the Note 2 to the etax Garman like you can from your PC? Thanks for the help guys!!!!

It might.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and use an 'OTG cable' to connect the phone to my Garmin eTrex 30. No special software and no rooting the phone necessary. When I connect the two, the Garmin boots into USB mode just like it does when connected to the computer, and I can see the two Garmin drives with the file manager on the phone. Copy a GPX file from my phone app into the GPX folder on the Garmin's SD card and the eTrex will see it. I can pull a GPX file from the eTrex into the phone and the phone app will import it, too. <br /><br />Google 'USB OTG Cable' or search Amazon for it. Won't hurt to try it, and you'd only be out a couple dollars if it does not. If your phone's OS does not natively support this but you are the adventurous type, you will probably find instructions online on how to root your phone and get access to features like this. You would need to look in the phone forums (and YouTube) for examples and instructions.

Edited by JohnCNA

Just take out the SD card on your GPS and put it into your phone/tablet. download the file into the SD card, then put it back into your GPS.

I don't think the Garmin Etrex Summit HC has a card slot.

your problem will then be mounting your GPS onto your phone, if the phone can recognize it as a storage device it should work just fine assuming you can obtain a micro to mini USB option. You can buy a regular USB to mini USB dongle easy enough, i dont think they sell a cord that has mini on one end and micro on the other.

Yes they do sell that cord. It is called OTG. I do not believe that Cheech's will work because it has to go from male micro to female mini and his is male on both ends.

Edited by Walts Hunting