My first cache!

On Saturday my wife and I were walking away from our very first cache that we found in downtown Victoria BC. As we neared the exit of the building I noticed that I had accidently taken the pencil from the cache. I turned, jogged up the four flights to the roof and proceeded to remove the cache from it's hiding spot, wedged tightly at the very edge of the roof. So of course it squirts out of my hands and like some slow motion replay I watch in horror as the cache falls streetward icon_eek.gif. It bounce's off the awning and on to the pavement about eight feet out from the sidewalk. Now I sprint down to the ground floor run across the block to where the exit is, turn the corner, and there it is, lying in the street. I scoop it up under my jacket and back to the top. Just as I replaced the cache a group of three boys arrive on the scene to do a little drinkin, I split. Feeling good that I had put it away before anyone saw, I relaxed put my hands in my pocket and pulled out the pencil icon_mad.gif! Not going up again today. I waited 24 hours and returned, the cache was intact and I added a whoppy cushion to clear my Karma. We found two more during our visit but the first was definitley the most memorable so far! icon_biggrin.gif

[This message was edited by twoloosescrews on March 05, 2003 at 07:14 PM.]