Found Geocoin but couldn't track it

Magic Klauckes

While in Australia we found a cool Geocoin and took it with us. When we wanted to track and log it geocaching.com said the number was not in the system. We kept it since we could not log it. How can we get it back into the system of caching? Is there another way to track a geocoin as by name or number since neither hem worked?

Thanks for your answers.

Magic Klauckes

While in Australia we found a cool Geocoin and took it with us. When we wanted to track and log it geocaching.com said the number was not in the system. We kept it since we could not log it. How can we get it back into the system of caching? Is there another way to track a geocoin as by name or number since neither hem worked?

Thanks for your answers.

Magic Klauckes

Make sure the number you enter is correct sometimes numbers and letter look quite similar. 8 can look like B, 1-I O-0 etc etc try all the variations. Also you could look at the cache where you retrieved the coin from and contact the owner as I guess its still logged into the cache as you are unable to log it.

Is it possible that you read the alphanumeric number incorrectly? 'Tis a common mistake.

O ≠ 0 ≠ Q; (most common)

I ≠ 1;

Z ≠ 2;

S ≠ 5;

B ≠ 8; and more

Pray tell, what is the name of the geocoin? It may provide a clue.

The system is malfunctioning (at this time) and we cannot backtrack your logging, etc.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Thanks for your answers.

Magic Klauckes

Make sure the number you enter is correct sometimes numbers and letter look quite similar. 8 can look like B, 1-I O-0 etc etc try all the variations. Also you could look at the cache where you retrieved the coin from and contact the owner as I guess its still logged into the cache as you are unable to log it.

It looks brandnew and wasn't logged in the cache. I already tried every possible comination but neither worked.

Does it say "Trackable on Geocaching.com", or something to that effect? Check the edge. If it doesn't it's not a geocoin, or at least not a traveler trackable on the geocaching site.

Thanks a lot this was the answer!

It's a Pathtag! I logged it there! I thought every coin with a number on it were a geocoin.

Many thanks for your answers.