"Additional hints" not going across to GPS; should they?

Loiseau85

Hello, newbie here...

I'm probably asking a stupid question, but here goes:

Today, having by now found more than a dozen caches, I thought it was time I upgraded to Premium membership. So I have.

I removed all the caches I already had saved on my Garmin eTrex20 so that when I reloaded them they would have all the extra info on them that Premium entitles you to.

Now I do see the full description of the caches (which I didn't before), and some of the finders' feedback, but there is never any sign of the useful "Additional hints" - coded or uncoded.

I thought this would come over to the GPS as well? Is that not so? Or is there something I have missed doing?

I thought I would be quite paperless by now!

Thanks in advance for any hints.

I'm assuming you're using the arrow on your map to scroll to a cache and then you click on it? So you see the description and the 5 most recent logs. You must select "GO" (which should be highlighted at the bottom of the screen) before you can see the hints. Once you have actually selected a cache to navigate to, then when you select "View Geocache" you'll have the option to view the hint.

Hope that helps. :)

Today, having by now found more than a dozen caches, I thought it was time I upgraded to Premium membership. So I have.

You need to log out of the forums and then log back in to show that you're a PM here.

When I didn't see "PM member" under your name, I was going to post that only PM's can download gpx files which contain the hint.

Interestingly enough, should you stop being a PM, it will still show you as PM here on the forums. That makes it so people give you information based on that, which is frustrating. When we were Basic Members, but still showed as PM on the forums, people would suggest getting PQ's, etc which didn't help us much. Not that it was the fault of the members, of course.

B.