How Can I know if a Cache is a FTF Cache?

McKerleysMinions

If I go to "Your Profile", and click on "search for geocaches near your home location (filter out finds)", I get a list of all nearby cache that I have not found. (Well, 10269 of them. Within 50 miles.) If I click on "last found" twice, I shows me that there are 21 caches within 50 miles that have not been found yet. 16 are future event caches. Two are disabled with red wrenches. One has a red wench but is not disabled. That leaves me with a 4/1.5 mystery cache 42 miles east in New York, and a 3/2.5 mystery cache 49 miles west in Pennsylvania. I'll pass on both of them.

Is there somewhere to search for NEW caches placed out in the area you are in? I am new to this.

You can also click on the "placed" column on you page of caches in your area. It will have the new ones tagged..

I just did this and it is a Premium member feature...

Is there somewhere to search for NEW caches placed out in the area you are in? I am new to this.

You can also click on the "placed" column on you page of caches in your area. It will have the new ones tagged..

I just did this and it is a Premium member feature...

You are correct, it is a premium member feature, but there is a way to do it (however far from a perfect system) What I did was to go to the forum section at the bottom of the forums listing for the area I lived in. Open the area and it will list the new caches in the state. For example, Arizona is at My link It is not perfect because of placement dates on the submission form, but I did get a FTF or two using the system. Ha!