Geocaching Challanges?

Dr. Dragon

Are you referring to "Geocaching Challenges," a discontinued feature that involved only virtual locations, not geocache containers, or "Challenge Caches," which are a special type of geocache that can only be logged after finding caches that meet a defined set of challenge requirements?

I've seen challenges on local cacher's pages- I think one is called the Delorme challenge (or something similar) where they're trying to get a cache in every county or every grid of the state- are these also dead and gone?
That's an example of a Challenge Cache, and they are alive and well. See the Help Center article Challenge Caches for more info.

(I find it amusing that the ill-fated Geocaching Challenges are still causing confusion even after they're gone.)

(I find it amusing that the ill-fated Geocaching Challenges are still causing confusion even after they're gone.)

It is a product of using a similar name for something and causing confusion right from the start. They NEVER should have been called that.

To a new geocacher they may not know the "official" name of something but they do have an idea or may have heard of something so they ask about what they think they heard and accidentally stumble across a whole different item.

I am referring to the Delorme Challenge which the other spoke of. :) It doesnt matter if it confuses anyone them being named the same, as long as someone explains it. :-p I was told specifically that it was the Delorme Challenge. So I was wondering how I started it off.

Ben