Unpublished caches

You can archive them, or recycle for other projects... but you can't delete them.

Two of my unpublished caches were archived by the reviewer recently. These caches had been hanging around the server for a long time, but their demise was kind of a surprise. Three newer ones remain. I guess the old ones expired due to lack of interest? The moral of my story is, if the OP opts to recycle, be prompt.

Edited by kunarion

Two of my unpublished caches were archived by the reviewer recently. These caches had been hanging around the server for a long time, but their demise was kind of a surprise. Three newer ones remain. I guess the old ones expired due to lack of interest? The moral of my story is, if the OP opts to recycle, be prompt.

How old were the ones that were archived? And the oldest of the ones that were not?

I have one that is 15 months old that I'm finally ready to place. I just posted a reviewer note on it, hoping that will keep it from being archived.

How old were the ones that were archived? And the oldest of the ones that were not?

I have one that is 15 months old that I'm finally ready to place. I just posted a reviewer note on it, hoping that will keep it from being archived.

A reviewer won't notice your cache unless it pops up as a proximity error on another cache being reviewed

The oldest remaining is from March. The archived ones were 2+ years old. I can't tell what happened... proximity?... maybe, but I don't know, since the listings are gone. I thought they were all set to the GZ of my first cache so they wouldn't bother anything. Would they have reviewer note warnings? If it's basically due to taking forever to submit it, I'm not all that concerned about it. But it was a surprise.

Anyway, it seems unpublished caches can vanish without notice. So as this Topic goes, I don't know how to be sure a recycled one remains. Publish it, I guess...? :anicute:

There was at least one kind of crazy server issue this week. Was this related?

Edited by kunarion