Newby help please !

I have just done a pocket query and it has downloaded in adobe/acrobat reader and won't open, how do i alter this for when i want to transfer them to my gps.

Right click the Zip file, and select "Extract All". You'll then see two GPX files. Copy those to your GPSr, usually into the folder called "GPX".

If you'd like to change the file associations, see this:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/change-which-programs-windows-uses-by-default

(It's kind of a chore :anicute:)

Edited by kunarion

I have just done a pocket query and it has downloaded in adobe/acrobat reader and won't open, how do i alter this for when i want to transfer them to my gps.

Thank you

You want to open the downloaded files, is that correct?

There is no need for YOU to open the files. It does you no good to do that as they are fairly much unusable to you as written.

Your GPSr reads them and aligns the data so that you can read it -- assuming that the zipped file has been unzipped.

Just drag and drop those files to your unit. NOW you can read it.

GSAK can also decipher the data for you to read, but it still isn't much use to you until it is in your GPSr for you to take geocaching.

If the .zip file is opening in Adobe, you've got a problem with file association. Right-click the .zip file, select "open with", find a program that can read it (7zip, winzip, etc.) and check the box for "always use this program".

I'm assuming you have Windows. If you have something else, I can't help you.