Would this me ok

Geeky Gal

Like I said I'm new but this thread gave me an idea for one. But I'm not sure if it would be ok or if people would like the idea or if it's been done. I want to put a large cache in the woods or on a beach (I know a few places that I can get permission to place them). In it I want to place a small sketch book with mandalas in it and leave some colored pencils with it. Then have people when the find it fill in a mandala with whatever they want. Sp thoughts on this please. Thanks!

P.S. sorry if I sound like I'm babbling it's been a long day but I wanted to get this out before I forget my idea.

P.P.S. see I'm so tired I just noticed it said me ok not be ok

Edited by Team GCG

See this is why I shouldn't post when very tired. Sorry I'm working on going to school to be an Art Therapist and have mandala's on the mind

Mandala Description

To relax and to improve concentration, there are many things that can be done. One of these is, in peace or with soft background music, to color in a Mandala.

Mandala more or less means "circle" or "center". Shapes and patterns are added to a clearly calming center point.

Mandalas are healing mediums for the soul

Mandalas are the merging of body, spirit and soul

They uncover your own creativity

You discover yourself and the real you

You become calm and gain trust and composure

Cool.

all-mandala-coloring-pages-1.jpg

Very creative. If it's a nice day (not cold and not raining), I'd participate. It would also be fun to see how others fill in the mandalas. Your container would need to be water tight to protect the work. Consider an authentic Lock & Lock (not the knock-offs) or even better...an ammo can or pelican box. Also, you might want to place it near a bench or picnic table or anywhere where it's comfortable to sit for a few minutes.

Sounds great. Dunno how many people would actually fill in a mandala, but for such an interesting idea, does it really matter? One piece of advice: make sure to put an explanation on the front of the sketchbook itself to make sure someone that would like to participate doesn't miss the chance because they didn't read the description or forgot what it said. And expect to lose pencils and even the sketchbook from time to time, as sad as that is to think about. People make mistakes...

Yes, that sounds like a fun idea! Again, just so it's a suggestion and not a requirement for logging.

I found an old cache once with a sketch book and colored markers and an invitation to draw a picture of the cache location. I have NO artistic talent but it was a nice spot so I sat and drew some kindergarten level stick people under some trees. It was a lot of fun and I loved looking at drawings by people with actual talent...