Finding local cachers

Ankah77

I was thinking about doing a personal ad type of thing for friends. I am really new to geocaching and my ex boyfriend got me into it I have probably only found about 5 of them so far. I am not sure if we are going to be able to stay friends or not, but regardless I want to be more active and try to find people to go geocaching with. The question I have is can I mention geocaching in a personal ad for looking for people to do this with or is that 'breaking the rules'? Thanks for the advice

I wouldn't go the ad route, too many weirdos out there looking for an opportunity. Go instead through Geocaching itself, attending events will get you into contact with the serious cachers in your area who could point you directly to your local group. Most likely, you would be in the midst of it already. Enjoy.

I agree with Trucker Lee. Stick with the resources WITHIN the hobby to find GC partners.

Think about it: "Single female seeking stranger to go out to remote wooded locations..."

Yeah, go find a GeoCaching event (see Cerberus' note above) or contact some local people active in your area. To find them, read the logs of caches near you. You'll see frequent names. If someone has a bunch of hides nearby, it's likely they're local. Pick people who mention going out in groups, or with family, etc.

Stay safe!