Butt-kicking/Impossible caches

GeoDonkeys

Does anyone have any stories or links to share about caches that have totally kicked your butt, trying to find them? Or caches that need superhuman abilities to find? Locally, I know about this cache: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GCA9C7

I would love to read about similar experiences. Come on, you know you want to vent anyway! icon_smile.gif

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence [and happiness] then is not an act, but a habit. ~~Aristotle

There is one local geocacher whose caches I don't particularly like because of some shenanigans he's pulled on a couple of them. I'd prefer not mentioning names or what caches, but it is not fun to go out there repeatedly to look for a cache and have it moved to a different location and a different container each time I've tried to look for it. (In a short 1-2 week period.) Not only that, but he sent me a false clue when I did not ask for a clue. From what I can tell, he's also pulled this with at least 2 and possibly 3 other caches. Caches should stay put and not change. Not one geocacher I've spoken to has enjoyed that cache. All have spoken, half in jest, of getting even.

Geocaching is supposed to be fun, even if you don't find the cache.

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes

On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:

"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --

"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling , The Explorer 1898

There was one down here that I must have looked for at least 8 times. It should have been a easy find. My GPS took me right to the spot each and evey time, but I couldn't seem to find it. The only way that I did finally find it, and this is the sad part, is after it had been muggled. I found where the cache had been hidden, and I found all of what remained of the contents. I e-mailed the owner, told them exactly where is was and they were nice enough to give me the find.

The good news about this cache is it is near a baseball field, so I found lots of good baseballs ! icon_biggrin.gif

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

Oh, man. This one made us go through not one, not two, not three, not five, but EIGHT excruciating attempts. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif. But, oh man, OtisPug is the champion of difficult-to-find geocaches in my area. In ANY area. Highlights include:

-A geocache located on the fifth floor of a library.

-A three-gallon bucket that WASN'T at ground level

-An ammo box under a bridge, six feet over a small river

There's LOTS more, and they have all kicked MANY people's butts.

Another (primarily) hider around our area, (calliopy), although he has not done much the pst year, has put some really good ones out like fake sprinklers, electrical outlets, etc. Don't let the one ratings fool you, they're hard.

If you've gotten this far, thank you for watching. Yes, you....over there.

-clan

"Looks like somebody needs some bisciuts"-I refuse to be named