GSAK

H there I have just started using GSAK - I have paid for a membership. When I download my pocket query it is not taking the cache data with it i.e the previous logs, hints. I was under the impression that the paid membership enables this to happen. Any ideas (Newbie response please anything to technical and im a goner)

So, when you are looking at a cache listing in the GSAK window, you do not see a section (default on the right side under the map) that has the recent log entries?

What GPX version do you have your PQs set for? You should use GPX 1.0 and not the 1.0.1 version. This is set in your gc.com profile.

So, when you are looking at a cache listing in the GSAK window, you do not see a section (default on the right side under the map) that has the recent log entries?

What GPX version do you have your PQs set for? You should use GPX 1.0 and not the 1.0.1 version. This is set in your gc.com profile.

There must be a reason you recommend 1.0 instead of 1.0.1. Is there a reason you think attributes are a bad thing to have in GASK? Just so the OP has a variety of opinions I would recommend using 1.0.1 just so you get everything.

The next question is how do you download the pocket query? 20 at a time on the review page or via the Groundspeak.com access for pocket query download?

Actually, you are correct on GPX version. It is the GPS that cannot read the 1.0.1 file, not GSAK. I've gone away from all the 1.0.1 stuff because of that. Loading that version to a GPS makes the file unusable.

My Garmin's handle them just fine. I know Delorme's bricked when they got attributes. But I'm not sure if GSAK exports them on a send to GPS if they are present.

No for the first question, and Im looking for the second.

Its set for 1.0

Edited by wyrdsister

There must be a reason you recommend 1.0 instead of 1.0.1. Is there a reason you think attributes are a bad thing to have in GASK? Just so the OP has a variety of opinions I would recommend using 1.0.1 just so you get everything.

The next question is how do you download the pocket query? 20 at a time on the review page or via the Groundspeak.com access for pocket query download?

Ive tried both seem to have trouble either way. AA single load from the website goes to gps ok.

Actually, you are correct on GPX version. It is the GPS that cannot read the 1.0.1 file, not GSAK. I've gone away from all the 1.0.1 stuff because of that. Loading that version to a GPS makes the file unusable.

My Garmin's handle them just fine. I know Delorme's bricked when they got attributes. But I'm not sure if GSAK exports them on a send to GPS if they are present.

Don't want to drag this way off topic, but when I moved from a Garmin that required individual waypoints to the newer OS that could handle GPX files, the Garmins would NOT recognize a gpx file in version 1.0.1 and that was just last year. I switched to using 1.0 and everything started working fine. Never looked back. If Garmin has put out firmware upgrades that correct the 1.0.1 issue, that would be great and I'll have to look into it and see if this is really the case.

OP wyrdsister...

Can you post a screenshot of what you have in GSAK? I don't see any way that you can shut off logs in the PQ setup at GC.com or strip them while importing your PQs to GSAK. You certainly can strip off logs when you export from GSAK, but you are saying that logs are not arriving via the PQ in the first place. I don't understand how that can be.

I have never used GSAK, and I find this topic interesting. I am following a few different threads, some in the GSAK forums. My concern is Garmin's new GGZ file format on the new Oregon 650's and how GSAK works. The only way I can download to my Magellan Triton 500 is via Vantage Point. When I try downloading from here the unit will not connect to my PC. :unsure:

I have never used GSAK, and I find this topic interesting. I am following a few different threads, some in the GSAK forums. My concern is Garmin's new GGZ file format on the new Oregon 650's and how GSAK works. The only way I can download to my Magellan Triton 500 is via Vantage Point. When I try downloading from here the unit will not connect to my PC. :unsure:

Garmin exports ggz files to the new Oregons.

OP wyrdsister...

Can you post a screenshot of what you have in GSAK? I don't see any way that you can shut off logs in the PQ setup at GC.com or strip them while importing your PQs to GSAK. You certainly can strip off logs when you export from GSAK, but you are saying that logs are not arriving via the PQ in the first place. I don't understand how that can be.

I pointed out early in this conversation I have no idea how to do alot of things and a screen shot is one of the. :( But I will try.

OP wyrdsister...

I pointed out early in this conversation I have no idea how to do alot of things and a screen shot is one of the. :( But I will try.

Screen shots on this forum are painful. Screen shots on the GSAK forum are fall down easy. You will probably get better advice over on the GSAK forums.

Edited by jholly