Wherigo website update?

ZenGuru

Just played/completed my first Wherigo cache in Hawaii using my iPhone. I discovered, almost by accident, that there was a Wherigo player for the iPhone. I just logged into the website at home to find out a little more about Wherigo. According to the website (still listed as a "beta"), one cannot play Wherigo on the iPhone. I thought that strange until I noted that the last update to the site was 5/28/2008 -- five years ago! That is almost a century ago in computer years. It gives the impression to a newbie that Wherigo is a defunct product that might have been a good idea, but which has been abandoned my developers/support personnel.

I poked around and discovered the forum link. Lo and behold, it seems that people are actually using the product. At least there are posts that were made this year. Anybody have the ear of a Groundspeak lackey? An update to the website might spread the use of Wherigo to the general populace of smartphone-carrying cachers.

Yesterday i tried to do my first Wherigo after my GPS crashed for the 9th time i gave up if the software is so unstable its not surprising Wherigo is not popular i also phoned a friend who had previously done some and he also said the gps always crashes you have to keep saving before you move on unfrtunately for me mine wouldn't even go past the first stage so no more Wherigo for me

Its up to the programmer to prevent crashes and do it with some known workarounds. Ok, a lot of experience is necessary to make a cartridge really stable, but it is possible. So don't give up, Wherigo is the most awesome kind of cache and the number of cartridges are permanently growing up.