Unsafe cache: yea or nea

Astrogoth

I know of a survivalist camp in the Fraser Park area of CA. It's all packed and ready for WW3. It's also abandoned.

My question is, should I put a cache there? The location is unusual and fairly remote. The park is very nice. From there it's not even a mile as the crow flies to the camp.

I ask because the owners may be bikers or drug dealers or just vanilla nuts. And they may come back. What do you think?

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but don't bet on it.

If it's an unoccupied, but stocked, survivalist encampment, chances are it's being periodically checked by some "enthusiast" (trying to be PC here!). If they happen to spot an unidentified container in the vicinity, they may become convinced it's some sort of enemy device and blow it up.

Make it a virtual.

Always wear proper caching safety equipment!

60748_1200.jpg

You have to be very careful around some of these people. Hard core "survivalist" types or those who have marijuana fields can be dangerous. We've located booby traps placed by some of these folks. Serious booby traps. Things like shotguns hooked up to trip wires, explosives, etc. These weren't placed to scare people away. They intended to hurt, maim or kill people to keep them out of the area.