Phone Message

GirlScoutBarrett

I wanted to create a geocache in which you had to dial a phone number to get the correct coordinates. Is there a free site online that when dialed will play a voice recording that you record.

Example:

Message at geocache location: "Congradulations you found the right spot, but not the spot where the geocache is hiding. To get to the geocache, please call (555) 555-1234.

Message: Please proceed to N 00.0000, W 00.0000. Thankyou and have a nice day.

I would prefer one in which the person dialing would be unable to leave a voice message.

Any Ideas?

I wanted to create a geocache in which you had to dial a phone number to get the correct coordinates. Is there a free site online that when dialed will play a voice recording that you record.

Example:

Message at geocache location: "Congradulations you found the right spot, but not the spot where the geocache is hiding. To get to the geocache, please call (555) 555-1234.

Message: Please proceed to N 00.0000, W 00.0000. Thankyou and have a nice day.

I would prefer one in which the person dialing would be unable to leave a voice message.

Any Ideas?

Sounds like an interesting idea for a cache & one I would enjoy.

I see that after 9 months, you have NO finds. Get out there and find some caches to get an idea of what to place at the final location. Then, make it happen!:) Good Luck.

what language and accent are you going to record the information in? If you record it an accent that most of the US can understand, it won't be something that a native of Georgia can understand - or vice versa. They have their own spoken language. :rolleyes:

There is even a difference in accents and words in American, Canadian, and British English. Plus Canadanhas French speakers and both Canada and the USA have Spanish speakers.

I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that caches requiring a phone call were no longer permitted.

I can't find that guideline at the moment (it's around somewhere), but I'm pretty sure it just said that the cache must be findable without having to contact the owner. If the OP's message is automated, there's no interaction with the owner, so I don't see any difference between it and having to interact with a custom-built website to solve a puzzle.

FWIW, and keeping in mind the "no precedent" guideline, there was a cache that involved exactly such a phone message that was published in this area about a year ago.