Seeking Advice About an External Antenna

lukerdog

Hello... I started getting into geocaching a couple of years ago, and this week have tried to pick it up again. I have a Lowrance H20 ifinder. The problem I am having is when I am under tree cover or out in the country, I lose my signal. I was wondering if an external antenna would help this at all. I was looking online, and all I see is an antenna that looks like it mounts in or on the car, but I can't tell if it would be at all practical or useful out in the field. Does anyone know if there is an antenna attachment that would work with my handheld unit for field use? Thank you, Lukerdog

Perhaps its time to invest the money you wanted to spend on an External antennae into a new GPS device... through research u can find a used one for under 100 bucks. Plus if you have a smart phone in the mean time you can always look up a GPS application on it to help u locate caches while you wait For a new one.

GL and Happy Caching.