would a previous PQ need to be updated if I solved some of the puzzles?

tweetiepy

If I did a PQ back in mid-March and I then complete a few of the puzzles that were within that PQ, do I have to do a new PQ for the solved puzzles to have the correct coords or does it pick up the corrections?

If you have updated the coords on the cache listing page, then the PQ will pick them up.

Did you "complete" the puzzle or "solve" it? "Completing", to me, means you went and found it. :)

you mean it would know that I updated the coords even though the PQ was emailed to me 2 weeks ago?

The GPX files mailed to you two weeks ago will not magically change when the data on the web site changes. When you create a PQ and execute it, the GPX file is created based on the current status of all the caches that match the query parameters. You should rerun the PQ after a week or so, depending on your caching schedule, so it will provide you a current snapshot of the caches. The changes could include newer log entries, newly published caches, deactivated caches, needs maintenance flag, and in your case changed coordinates, etc.

You do not need to go into the PQ setup to change any of the parameters, you just need to rerun it.

I hope this helps.

you mean it would know that I updated the coords even though the PQ was emailed to me 2 weeks ago?

Think of it this way. What was emailed to you was not the PQ, it was the results of the PQ at that point in time. Think of the PQ as the method of choosing what caches you want returned to you in a GPX file. The GPX file is the results that was emailed to you.

Since you have updated some of the caches, the matching ones in the GPX file that you have are no longer accurate. You need a new version. You get that by telling the existing PQ to generate and send you a new file.

Bring up your main PQ page. Find the PQ in the list and check off a day of the week that you want a new file sent to you. It can be today if you want it right now. Wait a bit for the computers at Groundspeak to do their thing and a new file will be emailed to you shortly.