decrypt

myross

Hi everytime I try to decrypt my clue it jumps to the top of the page , whichmeans I am having to do it by hand which is so tedious, can anyone help me with this please ........... Thankyou dry.gif

If you're using Internet Explorer as your browser, make sure you're not using Compatibility Mode. That setting will cause this and other symptoms (including not showing cache logs) on the Geocaching Web site.

--Larry

Hi everytime I try to decrypt my clue it jumps to the top of the page , whichmeans I am having to do it by hand which is so tedious, can anyone help me with this please ........... Thankyou dry.gif

If you're using Internet Explorer as your browser, make sure you're not using Compatibility Mode. That setting will cause this and other symptoms (including not showing cache logs) on the Geocaching Web site.

--Larry

This is usually the answer. Go to the HELP menu in your browser and change the compatibility.

I think this might also be tieing in with the Phasing out older browsers issue that some people are having.....when I was receiving that message I couldn't decrypt or see any logs.....I e-mailed Groundspeak and when they replied telling me to turn off compatability mode the message went away and I could decrypt and see logs.....I was not in compatability mode....so I'm thinking there is a glitch somewhere......

Thankyou so much for your help, I have switched off my compatability and got my decrypt and maps back !!!!!!

Kind regards to all x :D :D :D

Can you tell me how you turned compatability mode off? I have the same problem with the decrypt function and I'm using IE 10. Thanks.

Can you tell me how you turned compatability mode off?

One simple way is to click the "torn page" icon. Blue means it's on Compatibility Mode.

34pgf3k.jpg

Keep your mouse cursor over that, because around here you need Compatibility Mode off for other features.

Edited by kunarion

I ran into this today about 11 am local (MDT). I don't know how much earlier I would have encountered it though.

Went and checked several unrelated caches of different ages and all that had encrypted hints did not work.

However a short while after that 1130 it started working fine again. I do know it was working yesterday. As I said I don't know when it stopped.

I did see a pop up box that said "ReferenceError: convertROTStringWithBrackets is not defined" each time it occured.

I'm using Chrome on Vista Basic on a Dell 1525 (which is enough to cause problems sometimes by itself).

Like I said, it cleared up spontaneously, and had no indication of any compatability status, but then I wasn't looking at that.

Doug 7rxc