Geocaching app question

Hello fellow cachers! I noticed that your only suppose to report bug problems in the geocaching app forum so thats why im asking my question here. I am thinking of buying the app however I will most likely be getting a new phone in about a year. When I get my new phone will I have to buy it again? I have also heard that they recently updated the app and made it a lot smoother. (Info in this video:

). But it looks like the update was only for the iphone? I looked at some recent reviews from the android app and it does not look as good compared to the Iphone app. Anyone here can comment who has the app? maybe someone who has both?
If you buy a new phone using the same platform, you do not.
As long as you register your new phone with the same account you used for your old phone. I've seen people register their new Android phone with a new Gmail account, and then wonder why they can't download all their old apps again.

Thanks for the replies, good to know that I can still have the app after I get a new phone. I would love to hear from someone who has the android app though! I have the cgeo app and the live map never works. I have a garmin 60 CSx so I only use the app for easier navigation. But CGEO maps never works when im out geocaching.

Thanks for the replies, good to know that I can still have the app after I get a new phone. I would love to hear from someone who has the android app though! I have the cgeo app and the live map never works. I have a garmin 60 CSx so I only use the app for easier navigation. But CGEO maps never works when im out geocaching.

I use the GS app on Android.

Tried a few of the others (that use the Groundspeak API) but settled on the GS one.