Pocket Queries

Hi

I am having problems doing a Pocket query. I thought I was doing everything right, but it comes up with 0.

I'm wanting to do a once off pocket query for my current location in New Zealand for my Magellan explorist 310.

Can anyone help.

Cheers

Sam

Sam,

Please explain to me what you are doing. If you are downloading the pocket query straight from GS.com then you just need to download it to your desktop and decompress the zip file and then copy only the .gpx file, not the *wpts.gpx to the Geocache directoy on your eX310.

I hope this helps.

Also, I would invite you to join the Magellan users form at http://www.magellaninsiders.com

David

Magellan Insider/Beta Tester

Hi

I am having problems doing a Pocket query. I thought I was doing everything right, but it comes up with 0.

I'm wanting to do a once off pocket query for my current location in New Zealand for my Magellan explorist 310.

Can anyone help.

Cheers

Sam

Sam,

Please explain to me what you are doing. If you are downloading the pocket query straight from GS.com then you just need to download it to your desktop and decompress the zip file and then copy only the .gpx file, not the *wpts.gpx to the Geocache directoy on your eX310.

I hope this helps.

Also, I would invite you to join the Magellan users form at http://www.magellaninsiders.com

David

Magellan Insider/Beta Tester

Hi David

I'm not even getting that far. Unable to get any records to show!

But another problem you might be able to help with is. I am putting in a way point, new coordiantes, I check them, but then it wants to take me 50k's in a different direction? unsure what I'm doing wrong there?

You are probably choosing a set of criteria that cancel one another out - "I have found" and "I have not found" will do this.

Hi, did another try...still zero :-(

Try looking at the PQ again - veeerrry carefully. Look at each block and check what you have selected.

Or... start a new one. This may fix something you are not seeing on your current one.

Make sure you do not check the day of the week before submitting the PQ because you can only run 5 a day. This allows you to run as many PQ’s as you need to experiment and click the preview link to check your results. The only way to know what’s causing the issue is to know what options you have selected. Posting screen shots of your PQ or a list of selections would help.

Edited by Cacheoholic