Logging finds

vm7

Thanks for the Cache.

As a cache owner I prefer to hear about your experiences, even if it's just a sentence or two. One of the things that motivates me to put out more caches are for the logs. TFTC as the whole log can sometimes be offensive, especially if the cache owner put alot of thought into the cache. TFTC at the end of the log is OK though.

Edited by The_Incredibles_

Thanks for the Cache.

As a cache owner I prefer to hear about your experiences, even if it's just a sentence or two. One of the things that motivates me to put out more caches are for the logs. TFTC as the whole log can sometimes be offensive, especially if the cache owner put alot of thought into the cache. TFTC at the end of the log is OK though.

Agreed - it's a lazy acknowledgment and on a par with a log that may be a few sentences long but has been copied and pasted verbatim numerous times

Edited by alien55

Welcome to the game. :)

Yes... Most cache owners appreciate a sentence (or two! or more!) when you log a Find online. Sometimes there's not much to say but a comment about your experiences/views/weather/easy or difficult find/wildlife seen/cache condition/etc makes a log a bit more interesting.

From your logs you appear to be in the southwest UK. If you have any question specifically about caching in UK you might like to look in here:

Regional forum for the UK and Ireland.

MrsB

I used to find my caches and then head home to log the finds. By the time I got home, I was at a loss of words and just typed in some lame "thanks" and anything else that i could think of.

Now with the advent of the smartphone, there is no reason not to add a few more lines to my notes. I use my I-phone 3GS (yea I know, I am kind of weird when it comes to getting the latest and greatest) to log my finds right away. And to make it even easier, I downloaded the free app "Dragon Dictation" https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/dragon-dictation/id341446764?mt=8 to voice record my logs. I make a few corrections and copy and paste the text into the "comments" section of the find.

If you use an I-Phone, give this a try.

As a newcomer to the game, I do wonder if people don't realise that the cache owners would like to hear more than a TFTC. I did a fair bit of reading when I started and wasn't sure what to log. I took my cue from other people's log entries. Now I know better, I try to write a few words about the find. The simple drive bys don't inspire long entries, but I try to write better logs with every cache I find, especially the ones I enjoy.