Geocache map does not allow drag to reposition

cazmockett

I have recently had to "upgrade" my laptop to Windows 7. Since I have done so, I noticed that the map cannot be dragged around to reposition it, but this only occurs in the latest Chrome Browser (Version 23.0.1271.64 m)

It seems to behave normally if I use Firefox (16.0.2) or (god forbid) Internet Explorer (v9).

With Chrome, when you go to "pick up" the map and move it by click/drag with the mouse, the cache overlays appear to move but the underlying map tiles do not. The map never recentres itself when you let go of the mouse button, thus rendering it pretty unsuseable. Wouldn't be so bad if the map had pan left/right/up/down controls...

I am not seeing this behavior. I am running Chrome on Windows 7 and the map pans as expected for me. Are you running any add-on?

I have Windows 7 and the latest Chrome browser. I removed all the extensions. Nothing special. I can't drag to reposition either, or click on any caches. I have to bring up Firefox for this.

I am not seeing this behavior. I am running Chrome on Windows 7 and the map pans as expected for me. Are you running any add-on?

I have Windows 7 and the latest Chrome browser. I removed all the extensions. Nothing special. I can't drag to reposition either, or click on any caches. I have to bring up Firefox for this.

I figured it out. I changed the Map Preferences to "Google" from "Leaflet".

Click "Map Preferences" on the left side, click "select" under Google.

I guess the "Leaflet" map preference doesn't work with Chrome.

I figured it out. I changed the Map Preferences to "Google" from "Leaflet".

Click "Map Preferences" on the left side, click "select" under Google.

I guess the "Leaflet" map preference doesn't work with Chrome.

Never noticed that option on the left side! Thanks. But I would call it a workaround, rather than a fix :rolleyes:

I do generally prefer Google maps but sometimes want to switch to Open Street Map which shows many more footpaths for my areas of interest. It's a pain, but at least it "sort of" works.

Not sure what happens if you are a non-premium member - I don't think they get the option to switch to Google Maps.

Edited by cazmockett

Works for me in Chrome, too.

Do you see any errors in the console? (ctrl-shift-J)

The errors I get in the console are:

Viewport argument value "device-width;" for key "width" not recognized. Content ignored.

Viewport argument value "1.0;" for key "initial-scale" was truncated to its numeric prefix.

Viewport argument value "1.0;" for key "maximum-scale" was truncated to its numeric prefix.

Viewport argument value "1.0;" for key "minimum-scale" was truncated to its numeric prefix.

Viewport argument value "no;" for key "user-scalable" not recognized. Content ignored.