Late arrival of Newsletter/weekly update

LightHouseSeekers

We used to receive this Fri am, but now it shows up much later in the day.

The problem is that it dated through Wednesday and contains info for events on Thursday and so forth. Kind of hard to attend an event on Thursday if you don't get the notification until Friday.

Unless there is an option (that I can not find)to select the day of the week to receive the newsletter/update, it is semi-worthless for getting up to date info.

Given that events must be published at least 2 weeks ahead of time, you should have already received notice of any given Thursday event at least twice in weeks prior. :rolleyes:

If you want more reminders of events, use your cellphone or that calendar on the wall.

That aside, last weeks included an offer for a limited free trackable. Luckily, someone gave me a heads up as I always get my newsletter on Friday afternoon.

Edited by Don_J

That aside, last weeks included an offer for a limited free trackable.

Yeah, that bugged me a little bit, too. My newsletter has been arriving something like 12 hours later than it used to. I read last week's newsletter as soon as it arrived, and when I read about the offer, I immediately tried to take advantage of it. Not a chance, all the freebies were gone already. You'd think things would be timed so that everybody had at least a chance to snag one.

--Larry

So now, the WEDNESDAY Weekly Newsletter that I always received LATE on FRIDAY, arrived on SATURDAY at 3:30 PM. Over half a week late, meaning that all of the data in it is over a half a week stale. Since the bulk of it is again trying to sell me things, I'm really wondering why I bother to have Groundspeak send it to me.

Just wanted to say that since the last update that Moun10bike said included a lot of undocumented bug fixes, my newsletter has been waiting for me, bright and early for each of the last two Wednesdays. Hopefully Friday and Saturday arrivals are a thing of the past.

Thanks...

I am seeing these arrive promptly on Wed, but now with the info updated effective through Monday there is still stale info for the upcoming week. So I see at the top of the list upcoming events that occurred the previous day (Tues). As my TARDIS is still inoperable doesn't do me much good to read about events that have already happened.

I'll have to look closely at next weeks. The top informational part is actually released on the blog on Monday. I thought that the bottom part, which is unique to each user's home location, was generated on Wednesday. You are indicating that it is also generated on Monday. If that is the case, why not just send it on Monday?

Or, are they now sending it on Monday and I'm still two days behind? :yikes:

We have moved up the start of the emailing from Wednesday to Monday. This way, people are more likely to receive it in time for the weekend, when the majority of caching takes place. We'd love if we could blast out the mails more quickly, but there is only so much we can do when generating nearly 2 million emails that are each personalized to the recipient (e.g. showing distance from home coordinates for each included listing).

It does appear the personalized is not generated on Wed (the day of receipt), but probably on Mon as the 1st entry on mine is for Tues event. Guess it wasn't sinking to me how much hamster power is required to create the 'personalized' letters. I like it better getting the emails on Wed rather than LATE Fri. I see MBs about trying to release them on Mon. Would be great if mine arrived sometime on Tues.