Avoid Silly Picture Caches?

wingryder

Ok I'm the guy that is just coming back to caching after several years. The first thing I learned.. there are a lot more caches now. Many that do not bring you to a special area to see.

Is there a simple way to avoid the "pictoral" caches that look like a giant picture on the map? When I start my premium membership again, I would like to avoid using my pq maximums on these. I guess these are multies so could eliminate that way.. the only other way I know is by cache placer...but many of them are placed by more than one cacher.

thanks

wingryder

Edited by wingryder

You're a Premium Member, use the maps to pull queries. Below is the link to the cache map from a cache in Quail Creek State Park. When I start zooming out on that map, I see to the northwest a couple of cache groups along drives to a peaks. Looks like a nice caching day. And if you've got the legs, you can get out of the car and starting climbing for the caches on the peaks.

http://www.geocaching.com/map/default.aspx?lat=37.17985&lng=-113.39588

I find this to be best way to query the data base for caching. Use the maps to find something that looks good, rather than try to figure out what not to hunt. you can build a pocket query from the map.

The current broad emphasis on "find count per hour" can make an ignore caches approach difficult.

icon_fav.png Also, a new feature is that on any search page, you can click on the Favorites point icon.

Below the link to caches nearest your find in the state park, sorted on Favorite points:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?lat=37.179850&lng=-113.395883&sortdir=desc&sort=fav

Edited by Isonzo Karst