Locked Traditional Geocache

deenfoxx

Geocache reviewers/publishers, could you please answer this simple question...

Can a TRADITIONAL cache be locked if the combination code is provided in the cache description?

It does not make sense to me to make it an UNKNOWN cache because there is no mystery or puzzle to solve.

Geocache reviewers/publishers, could you please answer this simple question...

Can a TRADITIONAL cache be locked if the combination code is provided in the cache description?

It does not make sense to me to make it an UNKNOWN cache because there is no mystery or puzzle to solve.

sure no problem i've done it with one of my caches too.

greets

I write the following as a player.

While there's no puzzle to solve, you still need to read the listing for the locks combination. So it makes sense to list it as "Unknown", the catch-all type for caches which don't fit neatly into the other categories.

That said: If you have the code also on the cache itself, labeling it traditional is OK for me. Actually I own such a cache and it's listed as traditional. The combination is the last three digits of the latitude. This information is also on the box. I assume that all geocachers are able to see these three digits in their GPS-device/smartphone/whatever. Even if they just downloaded the coordinates and not the description, they have that info.