How do I get different forum themes on computer and phone?

mamoreb

For the past two years or so, I have logged into the forum on my phone and on my computer. On the phone, I have been using the theme "IP Board Mobile". On my computer, the theme "Geocaching".

A few days ago, I accidentally logged out of the forum on my phone. Since then, I have been getting the same theme on both phone and computer. I.e.: I read the forum on my computer, using the Geocaching theme. Then I open the forum on my phone - and I get the Geocaching theme. I change to the IP Board Mobile theme on my phone. Next time I open the board on my computer, I get the IP Board Mobile theme. Etc.

Not a major problem, but the Geocaching theme is tailored for PC use, the IP Board Mobile for phone use. Is there anything I can to to have the Geocaching theme permanently on my computer(s), and the IP Board Mobile theme permanently on my phone?

I didn't even know you could change the theme...how do you change it?
At the bottom of the page is a select element that shows one of the following options: "IP.Board" or "IP.Board Mobile" or "Geocaching". Unless JavaScript is blocked or disabled, when you change that select element to a different option, the forum theme changes accordingly. (I like the "IP.Board" theme myself.)

Oh, and the theme select element is to the left of the language select element.

For the past two years or so, I have logged into the forum on my phone and on my computer. On the phone, I have been using the theme "IP Board Mobile". On my computer, the theme "Geocaching".

A few days ago, I accidentally logged out of the forum on my phone. Since then, I have been getting the same theme on both phone and computer. I.e.: I read the forum on my computer, using the Geocaching theme. Then I open the forum on my phone - and I get the Geocaching theme. I change to the IP Board Mobile theme on my phone. Next time I open the board on my computer, I get the IP Board Mobile theme. Etc.

Not a major problem, but the Geocaching theme is tailored for PC use, the IP Board Mobile for phone use. Is there anything I can to to have the Geocaching theme permanently on my computer(s), and the IP Board Mobile theme permanently on my phone?

I run into the same issue. The work around that I've found: On your phone, clear your cookies. Then, when you connect to the forums again, you will see the mobile-optimized version again, and it will not affect your PC. If you change the theme on your phone, it will change on the PC as well, and you'll have to delete your cookies again. Of course, deleting your cookies means you have to sign on again.

I don't see any other way around this, at this time.