I need help logging a geocoin

TheNightProwlers

HowtoLogaCoin.jpg

The coin should already be logged into the cache you found it in. You are only retrieving it and placing it into your inventory. When you drop it off there is a selection you make after you've written your "found it" log where the trackable is added to the cache in question.

For better familiarization Click on Trackables (step 2 above), where you'll find links to Geocoin Home, How to log a geocoin and Geocoin FAQ (see block above left of Step 3 above). Much is explained there for you.

Edited by Droo

HowtoLogaCoin.jpg

The coin should already be logged into the cache you found it in. You are only retrieving it and placing it into your inventory. When you drop it off there is a selection you make after you've written your "found it" log where the trackable is added to the cache in question.

For better familiarization Click on Trackables (step 2 above), where you'll find links to Geocoin Home, How to log a geocoin and Geocoin FAQ (see block above left of Step 3 above). Much is explained there for you.

Up to step 4 works good, but that's where I run into trouble. I found it in a different geocache than what is listed as the most current geocache for it. The type of log gives me two options, "Write Note" or Discover It". Neither seems to allow me to enter the cache where I found it.

I was trying to log it and I was able to show where I left it, but I deleted it because I couldn't show where I found it. Where I found it should come first.

If you have the coin in your inventory then all you have to do is either edit your log where you logged the find for the cache where the coin was and let the coin "visit" the cache, or just write a note to that cache page and say something like "to correct mileage of geocoin". If the coin is not listed to the cache where you picked it up there is an option to grab from somewhere else or if is shows in the possession of someone you can grab it from that person. Then once it is in you inventory you can drop it off in another cache when you log the find on that cache. Before you submit your log at the bottom of the page the coin should be listed and there is a drop down menu that allows you to drop, visit or no action for that coin. Even tho you deleted your log for the drop the coin will be listed to the cache where you dropped it. You can make a note to the trackable page also for the owner, with the cache code where you picked it up and they can make the corrections if they so desire. Hope this helps.

You've got it showing "in your hands" - This means it's in your inventory -

So

Step 1. Go to your log on the cache where you found the coin > Underneath it, click 'Edit log' > Click pencil icon > Under the Comments box you should see the Luxemburg geocoin listed > Select Action 'Visited' > Submit Log Entry.

This gives the coin a visit to show it was in that cache, and then puts it back into your inventory.

Step 2. Now you need to show that you dropped it into the cache north of Phoenix. Same sequence of steps as above but this time you select the Action 'Dropped Off'.

Logging mission accomplished. ;)

MrsB

You've got it showing "in your hands" - This means it's in your inventory -

So

Step 1. Go to your log on the cache where you found the coin > Underneath it, click 'Edit log' > Click pencil icon > Under the Comments box you should see the Luxemburg geocoin listed > Select Action 'Visited' > Submit Log Entry.

This gives the coin a visit to show it was in that cache, and then puts it back into your inventory.

Step 2. Now you need to show that you dropped it into the cache north of Phoenix. Same sequence of steps as above but this time you select the Action 'Dropped Off'.

Logging mission accomplished. ;)

MrsB

It worked!!! Thank you so much. I spent hours trying to do that. Thanks!