John Grisham Racketeer Geocoins

Jarron&Company

You can't log a discovery without having the tracking number, so it sounds as though the tracking number is being circulated 'virtually'. It may be on one of the social network sites (like facebook) or it may have been put onto a list of tracking numbers which is circulating between cachers somewhere. <_<

MrsB

Edited to add the 't!

Edited by The Blorenges

It's not uncommon for coins not to be logged out of a cache after it's been grabbed. In fact it's probably more common not to find a coin you're looking for in a cache than it is to find it. Nothing nefarious. It's just that the cacher ahead of you retrieved the coin but hasn't gotten around to logging it out, or as a newb doesn't know to do so or how.

I did a little digging and found the coin you are referring to -TB5CX56 - but no others... the earlier one must have since been logged out of the cache you hoped to find it in. The coin was discovered by the cache owner. Another cacher logged a find ahead of you but made no mention of the coin. Did they pick it up? Did the cache owner? If you really want to find out send out a friendly email to each to find out what happened since finding that coin meant so much to you, judging from your "found it" post.

Edited by Droo

I'm the owner of one of these geocoins and mine went missing right from the first cache I dropped it off in. The three cachers that have logged finds of the cache are all experienced, premium member cachers. I sent them e-mails and posted a note on the cache page so I'm hoping it shows up again. It's kind of disappointing since this was my very first trackable I tried to move. Is it common for geocoins to go missing?