Canal holiday caching

Three of us are thinking of a week on a canal next year but as we are all keen cachers there must be plenty of caches in the area. Please can anyone recommend the best area for caching by canal? Forgive me if this has been asked before.

My sister and I dream of similar holiday...we met a cacher when we were doing caches along the canal in Stratford on Avon. His narrow boat is actually a trackable...Enjoy..

Three of us are thinking of a week on a canal next year but as we are all keen cachers there must be plenty of caches in the area. Please can anyone recommend the best area for caching by canal? Forgive me if this has been asked before.

I would recommend the 4 counties ring, which takes in the shropshire union canal, the staffs and worcs, the trent and mersey and the middlewich branch, i is an excellent circuit that takes a week, through cheshire and staffordshire, and combines all the great elements of the narrow canals.

I would have recommended the cheshire ring as well, but this has just been closed due to a breach in the canal near runcorn,

as to caching, all the canals now have copious amounts of caches on their towpaths, way to many now that you will be walking the towpath more than riding on the boat.

PM me if you want more info