Any advice on how to motivate my partner to geocache with me?

Vanilija

My hubby indulges me while I cache, but has no interest himself. I do most of my caching alone. When he is along, I try to limit the number, and pick ones that I can 'sell' to him. He likes to hike, but doesn't like the search. He also likes photography. He actually will attend events if it has some interesting venue or feature. Earthcaches are usually a good choice for him. Otherwise, I just go for a quickie, but if I don't find it quickly, then I move on.

This is very much like my situation. Hubby has no interest in caching, but does like to go to new places and see new (or new Old) things--likes to take pictures of scenic views, investigate the different plants in a new area, wander through old cemeteries, etc. If I'm having trouble finding a cache, he will help search, but I think that's mostly so we can get going to the next place. He is particularly good at spotting one particular type of cache that usually eludes me--the "one of these bolts is not like the others" type.

He will attend events for the food! :omnomnom:

---SNIP--

Another thing I do is if I haven't found the cache fast enough we move on even if it means I get a DNF on one I really wanted to find. Fast Enough very's depending on the time, location or schedule for the day. I just have to read the body language to know when it is time to move on and give up.

-----

MAN, I am sooo bad :-)

I can continue for hrs !!!

I so much HATE to be a looser who can not find stuff :-)

ever tried this one :

wife and kids tired of the search, gave up a long time ago,

just walking arround not looking, not helping..

YOU, still seeking HARDER... asking them to help a bit so maybe it goes faster..

or telling them, this is exactly why they either help or stay home :-)

My wife has no interest in geocaching. She enjoys hiking with me, as long as the geocaching doesn't detract too much from the hike. She enjoys going to some events with me, as long as the geocaching doesn't detract too much from the socializing. I just accept that she doesn't enjoy the same things I do, the way that she accepts that I don't enjoy everything she does. And if I think she might be interested in a hike or an event, then I ask her; I just don't expect her to participate in any of the geocaching related to the hike or the event.