How do I report a "arm chair" cacher?

farrtom

All of his finds were prior to October 28 of 2010. The profile shows he last visited the site October 2, 2011, almost a year AFTER he logged his last cache. All of the archived caches he logged were BEFORE the date of archive.

I see nothing out of order here. :blink:

They had logged an archived cache 8 years after it was archived, but it looks like that log has been deleted in the last 30 minutes or so.

Of the others, at least the New Jersey and Texas ones are suspicious (UK, NJ, and TX in the same day?).

Anyway, they're apparently inactive now, so there's no reason to fret.

All of his finds were prior to October 28 of 2010. The profile shows he last visited the site October 2, 2011, almost a year AFTER he logged his last cache. All of the archived caches he logged were BEFORE the date of archive.

They had logged an archived cache 8 years after it was archived, but it looks like that log has been deleted in the last 30 minutes or so.

Of the others, at least the New Jersey and Texas ones are suspicious (UK, NJ, and TX in the same day?).

I remember once very early on, I think we had less than 10 finds. I went to log a cache by typing in the GC number, and started logging it. Then I realized the cache I was logging was in a different state, I had just transposed a couple of numbers. Maybe that's what happened on those 2 caches. Sometimes with newbies, the benefit of the doubt can be in order.

And I agree. I see no reason to worry about something that someone whom I've never met did half way around the world 2 years ago. :)

I remember once very early on, I think we had less than 10 finds. I went to log a cache by typing in the GC number, and started logging it. Then I realized the cache I was logging was in a different state, I had just transposed a couple of numbers. Maybe that's what happened on those 2 caches. Sometimes with newbies, the benefit of the doubt can be in order.

And I agree. I see no reason to worry about something that someone whom I've never met did half way around the world 2 years ago. :)

I think this is exactly what happened. One of the logs in the UK says that he was caching with another who does not look like an armchair cacher at all. I think he was just a part time cacher that mis-logged a couple of caches. Probably doesn't even have a GPS, went out with a friend a few times and his friend gave him a list of GC#s of the caches that they found. A lot of opportunities to log the wrong cache.

Edited by Don_J