WTB: serial to USB adapter

ricnic

I did a google search last year, and found some for $13 each. How much cheaper do you want it to be?

Here is the first entry of a simple google search. $10. Google is great... you should try it some time!

USB-RS232

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

quote:
Originally posted by uhohh:

mrkablooey: this adapter you refer to looks as if it has a female 9-pin. does the etrex cable have a male 9-pin or is it also female. i should know this, but i'm still awaiting delivery of my new etrex.

The cable has the same receptacle as the back of a computer does. I'd assume the Etrex cable has the one to mate to it... my Magellan did. Should be very standard.

~robert

www.CacheGear.com

mdgpsbanner.gif

What you need is a male nine pin serial adapter to usb. I was in the same situation as "uhohh" I have a brand new dell notebook and no serial!!! anyway anymore questions? I have a Garmin vista, e-trex,lowrance global map 100,palm m125 and a dell inspiron 5100 with all the upgrades.

[This message was edited by SteelTown Cachers on October 06, 2003 at 08:29 PM.]

I have a USB-Serial adapter from Bilken that worked great for a week and then just didnt play right. I too have a new Notebook with no serial ports.

I ended up getting a PCMCIA Serial card. Cost about $140 but no more agervations with dealing with fruity drivers and the like. IF you hunt around you will find really nice PCMCIA cards for $200. The oneI got was not the cheapest but it had the features I was looking for.

-Robert