FS Magellan PC Cable

noslrac

I have a brand new still in the packaging Magellan PC Cable for sale. I bought it before I got my Sportrak pro, only to find out it came with one. If anyone is interested i'll sell it for 15+actual shipping costs. My email should be available in my profile if you are interested.

If anyone is actually interested in having an extra cable, I just got another when Magellan sent my GPSr back after service. I'd be willing to take a little less on this sealed brand new PC cable. If interested send me an email through my profile page and give me an offer.

Are you sure it won't work with the 315? I have a MAP330 -- and the cable is the same as for the 315 and 320 (in fact, the packaging says so). And, people have told me on several occasions that the cable for the SporTrak/Meridian can be used on the MAP330 also, although it doesn't fit quite right.

So, it seems odd to me, if both of those things are true, that the same cable from the SporTrak/Meridian that will work on the MAP330 will not work on the 315 (even though the 315/320/330 seems to otherwise use the same cable)...

But, I've never tried that -- I'm just saying what seems to be what everyone told me when I was first looking for a cable...

- John...

quote:
Originally posted by mrkablooey:

It will fit, but doesn't work.

Actually, from what I know, it's exactly the opposite.

I've talked to a guy with a 315 and he says that isn't doesn't fit very well, but that he can get it to work.

The problem is that the back of the 315 is curved, but the Meridians are flat. The Meridian cable is flat, and when you try to put it on the 315 it doesn't fit very well. However, the contacts are in the same spot, so my buddy says that if you hold the cable tightly so the contacts make, um... contact, then it works fine.

That said, you're probably better off just getting the dedicated 315 cable so you don't have the hassle.

Jamie

It is still for sale, but I have absolutely no idea if it will work on the 315. The way it sounds, it has been rigged to work and did, and for some it didn't. If you want it, let me know and I'll get you my address. A $15 dollar m/o (or paypal, but I'm not sure how to make that work since I only have a standard account) and you can have it. Its not something i'm really attached to since I have 3 of them now..but I did pay a little over 20 for it.