Notification email for FP awarded.

TechnoNut

I have done a quick search on this topic, but could not find a previous similar request.

It is difficult to know when one of my caches has been awarded a FP by a finder, and to update my GSAK database, I need to use the API to refresh all my recently found caches.

It would be really great if, (in addition to the '[Log] Owner' email one receives when activity is recorded on an owned listing) for GS to also send an email when a cacher adds (or removes) a FP to an owned cache.

Then it is really easy for me to select these caches in my GSAK database and refresh just those caches.

I have done a quick search on this topic, but could not find a previous similar request.

It is difficult to know when one of my caches has been awarded a FP by a finder, and to update my GSAK database, I need to use the API to refresh all my recently found caches.

It would be really great if, (in addition to the '[Log] Owner' email one receives when activity is recorded on an owned listing) for GS to also send an email when a cacher adds (or removes) a FP to an owned cache.

Then it is really easy for me to select these caches in my GSAK database and refresh just those caches.

I like the idea. Or you could run a PQ each week of your owned caches?

...Then it is really easy for me to select these caches in my GSAK database and refresh just those caches.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I count 115 caches you own that are non-archived and non-events. With the API, you can refresh up to 6000 caches in a 24 hour period. Can you not just refresh them all each time?

It's not that I don't support your idea, it's just that in your case there seems to be a viable alternative.

...Then it is really easy for me to select these caches in my GSAK database and refresh just those caches.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I count 115 caches you own that are non-archived and non-events. With the API, you can refresh up to 6000 caches in a 24 hour period. Can you not just refresh them all each time?

It's not that I don't support your idea, it's just that in your case there seems to be a viable alternative.

Absolutely correct. But I am in a bandwidth challenged part of the globe :). No cheap uncapped accounts here :sad:

And, by just selecting those caches that I know have had FPs added / removed, I use less bandwidth (and lessen the load on the GS servers).

Absolutely correct. But I am in a bandwidth challenged part of the globe :). No cheap uncapped accounts here :sad:

And, by just selecting those caches that I know have had FPs added / removed, I use less bandwidth (and lessen the load on the GS servers).

Thanks, that makes sense. I'm sure there are other cachers in other parts of the world that would have a similar situation.

Just a few thoughts, no real answers to your 'problem'.

Wouldn't the emails possibly 'eat up' a lot of your D/L bitspace?

Congratulations! You have absolutely the longest most extensive personal stats I have ever seen! :o You appear to have used every FSG plugin available! :D

I could be wrong, but I don't see any way that a lack of up-to-the-minute data on your owned cache favorite points is affecting anything. Cycle through your owned caches at a rate of one (or two, three, I don't know) a day. Despite my HUGE American bandwidth, the API still limits my cache details updates, and once every month or two suits me just fine.