Cache Adoption

There are another solution... you can maintain the cache without owning it.

Just as a friend would do for you!? :)

Although I tend to do that with any caches I find needing TLC, the kicker is you don't get notified of the NM logs and if the original CO has moved on, they may not forward that info to you.

Adopting I think is a bit better as you get the find log emails without needing to setup anything special.

Adoption is easy. I've given up a few caches and taken on a few. Very straight forward and starts with the Cache Owner going to the link provided in the previous post.The system sends out emails notifying both parts as to how the transaction is proceeding (initiated, and completed).

Although I tend to do that with any caches I find needing TLC, the kicker is you don't get notified of the NM logs and if the original CO has moved on, they may not forward that info to you.

Adopting I think is a bit better as you get the find log emails without needing to setup anything special.

Adoption is easy. I've given up a few caches and taken on a few. Very straight forward and starts with the Cache Owner going to the link provided in the previous post.The system sends out emails notifying both parts as to how the transaction is proceeding (initiated, and completed).

Thanks, I'll leave the option open to the CO.

Just add the cache to your watchlist. That's not too "special."

Just add the cache to your watchlist. That's not too "special."

Or a bookmark list of "Caches I adopted."

Or if they don't want you to adopt them, you can get the reviewer to archive them and you can place your own caches in the same places.