Find "distinct" caches

AzCollector

Depending on how saavy you are with MS Excel, you could create a pocket query of all caches you've found. Then open it with MS Excel. You'll get a bunch of error messages as it tries to manipulate data that it doesn't understand, but you'll eventually get a worksheet with the caches listed. Then create a pivot table to sort them.

If you need some help, shoot me a PM and I can help you out. Run the pocket query and if need be, you can email it to me and I'll help you with it.

My current stats show 379 caches (378 distinct). Is there an easy way to find where I can locate the dual entry (the likely cause) without having to manually go through the logs of each of the caches I have found? Thanks for your ideas.

davehendricks5@msn.com

AzCollector

This thread might be of some help to you:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=283411

This comes up often enough that it should be a pinned thread in the "How do I" forum. :)

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Depending on how saavy you are with MS Excel, you could create a pocket query of all caches you've found. Then open it with MS Excel. You'll get a bunch of error messages as it tries to manipulate data that it doesn't understand, but you'll eventually get a worksheet with the caches listed. Then create a pivot table to sort them.

If you need some help, shoot me a PM and I can help you out. Run the pocket query and if need be, you can email it to me and I'll help you with it.

Or if you aren't that Excel-savvy, you can just copy your list of found caches into an Excel spreadsheet and sort them by name. I did this with my sister's 750 caches and found the 7 duplicates fairly easily.

Or if you aren't that Excel-savvy, you can just copy your list of found caches into an Excel spreadsheet and sort them by name. I did this with my sister's 750 caches and found the 7 duplicates fairly easily.

Copy your list of found cachers from where? What list?

I see you're a Premium Member.

Create a pocket query here: http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/gcquery.aspx

Select the options to show 500 caches of Any Type, Any Container

That (And) I have found (check this box)

Make sure your email address is good and click "Submit Information" at the bottom.

You should get an email with an attached .zip file. Open that .zip file and save the larger of the two .gpx files inside it to your desktop.

Then open MS Excel, and hit the Open button. Select the .gpx file. You may get a couple error messages asking about importing the data. Try to navigate through those.

NanCycle pointed out a MUCH easier way than my method, just sort them alphabetically by the cache name and scroll through for any duplicates.

I hope this helps.

Create a pocket query here: http://www.geocachin...et/gcquery.aspx

Make sure your email address is good and click "Submit Information" at the bottom.

You should get an email with an attached .zip file. Open that .zip file and save the larger of the two .gpx files inside it to your desktop.

Then open MS Excel, and hit the Open button. Select the .gpx file. You may get a couple error messages asking about importing the data. Try to navigate through those.

NanCycle pointed out a MUCH easier way than my method, just sort them alphabetically by the cache name and scroll through for any duplicates.

I hope this helps.

Or use the My Finds query and proceed.

With everyones great suggestions, I used the GSAK method downloading my "found" list as described from geocaching.com, then loaded it into GSAK, turned on the Fcount feature in "view" sorted on it and there was/were my dups. Then it was simple to go delete the double loggings.

Thanks, not only did that clean up my stats, but also taught me some new things.

Create a pocket query here: http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/gcquery.aspx

I hope this helps.

Rather than go through all that, what you really want to do is a "my finds" query.

Check out the thread I linked to previously:

This thread might be of some help to you:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=283411

This comes up often enough that it should be a pinned thread in the "How do I" forum. :)

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Copy your list of found cachers from where? What list?

Your Profile

Geocaches

Found It

Highlight the whole list

Copy

Paste into Spreadsheet