get descriptions and logs on gps?

mickeroo77

New to geocaching but I really think I'll like it once I catch on! I downloaded a number of geocaches to my gps today but while I was out searching the message received on my gps was was that I did not have access to logs and descriptions unless I was a premium member. I am a premium member-HELP!

New to geocaching but I really think I'll like it once I catch on! I downloaded a number of geocaches to my gps today but while I was out searching the message received on my gps was was that I did not have access to logs and descriptions unless I was a premium member. I am a premium member-HELP!

Remove all the old GPX files and load new Pocket Queries (or individual GPX files, whichever you're doing). That's the way you should do it anyway, but it's especially important if you loaded GPX files before you signed up as a Premium Member. I had the "you're not a premium member" note on some of the cache listings even after I signed up, until I cleared them all out and loaded a fresh batch. I'm hoping that will fix yours.

Could it be because you're using .loc files instead of .gpx files? Check to if it's that.

No, they are gpx. When I click on the geocache code I have the option to send directly to my device. I wait until it finds my device where I click 'send to device' and I get a comment that it was saved successfully.

Remove all the old GPX files and load new Pocket Queries (or individual GPX files, whichever you're doing). That's the way you should do it anyway, but it's especially important if you loaded GPX files before you signed up as a Premium Member. I had the "you're not a premium member" note on some of the cache listings even after I signed up, until I cleared them all out and loaded a fresh batch. I'm hoping that will fix yours.

That worked - thanks so much. I will try again tomorrow!

The 450 is great! I think you'll enjoy caching with it. I had one for a couple of years (traded up to the 550).

If you haven't done Pocket Queries, check them out:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=118

Pocket Queries are easy to do, and it's a huge improvement over loading caches one at a time.

That worked - thanks so much. I will try again tomorrow!

The 450 is great! I think you'll enjoy caching with it. I had one for a couple of years (traded up to the 550).

If you haven't done Pocket Queries, check them out:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=118

Pocket Queries are easy to do, and it's a huge improvement over loading caches one at a time.

WOW! Thanks- I will check it out now. It would be soooo much easier to use pq instead of loading each cache individually!