GPS Devices like Asthma Inhalers and Lighters?

Hi Everybody. I'm brand new to this forum.

I'm an inventor and want to start working with GPS. So I found this blog post that says that we can put GPS trackers on asthma inhalers and even lighters that will tell us where poor air quality zones are in our neighborhood... this one... http://journik.com/convergence/crowdsourced-gps-health-data-gps-enabled-inhaler-can-it-warn-you-of-impending-asthma-attacks/ But what I want to know is how these kinds of devices will tie into an app for visualization... and if that means my lighter will need batteries?

Ideas? Thanks!

Edited by gpscrowdsourcing

Honestly it seems pretty basic. The OP wants to create GPS maps, that could be read on a mobile device. actually seems pretty basic to me. If you know about GPSR's you shouldn't need us. If you don't know about GPSr's then you should learn about them properly before you start anything...oh and IBTL.

So I found this blog post that says that we can put GPS trackers on asthma inhalers and even lighters that will tell us where poor air quality zones are in our neighborhood...

I'm not sure why air quality is important to those with lighters. Do health-conscious smokers want to avoid lighting their cigarettes in smoggy locations? What am I missing?

In any case, I'm guessing your better bet would be to create a smart-phone app rather than slap a GPS tracker on a lighter.

Edited by CanadianRockies