Pocket Query reverting to previous PQ search

Biska

Hi

If this has been asked before, I apologise. I am new with PQs

I have constructed a PQ and downloaded it. It was perfect.

Then I wanted to make a second PQ, so I built a new one with new co-ords as the origin (30 miles from the first one),but when I previewed it, it had reverted to the area of the first PQ.

I seem to be unable to base a search around my home, as it keeps giving me a collection of caches from my first PQ.

I have tried deleteing and starting again, and I am getting the same problem.

Any ideas?

Is this a known glitch?

Many Thanks in advance.

Hi

Then I wanted to make a second PQ, so I built a new one with new co-ords as the origin (30 miles from the first one),but when I previewed it, it had reverted to the area of the first PQ.

I seem to be unable to base a search around my home, as it keeps giving me a collection of caches from my first PQ.

Any ideas?

Is this a known glitch?

Many Thanks in advance.

Make sure you have "By Coordinates" checked under the "From Origin" section when you enter the coordinates for the search, otherwise it will default to your home coordinates.

Hi

Any ideas?

Is this a known glitch?

Many Thanks in advance.

Make sure you have "By Coordinates" checked under the "From Origin" section when you enter the coordinates for the search, otherwise it will default to your home coordinates.

Thanks so much for replying,yes I did check that already.

You will get some caches the same if areas overlap. If that isn't the problem, then you probably have some setting done incorrectly. Do you have a state selected in the "Within" section? If you are trying to do a PQ by coordinates, then the "Within" section should be "Non Selected". Also, are you clicking "Submit Information" at the bottom whenever you make changes? If you just edit the page and then click on Preview at the top without resubmitting the form, you will get the old cache list and not a new one.

You will get some caches the same if areas overlap. If that isn't the problem, then you probably have some setting done incorrectly. Do you have a state selected in the "Within" section? If you are trying to do a PQ by coordinates, then the "Within" section should be "Non Selected". Also, are you clicking "Submit Information" at the bottom whenever you make changes? If you just edit the page and then click on Preview at the top without resubmitting the form, you will get the old cache list and not a new one.

Thank you TomToad, I did all that you have outlined. It was really strange. The area was not overlapping at all.I have just tried again with re-entered co-ords and I am getting the result from miles away. I must be missing something basic here!

I have non-selected within? It is still bringing up the caches from the initial area that I searched. So frustrating....

Thanks for the help.

If I'm not mistaken, you should be able to copy and paste the link to the PQ here. It would be helpful to see what settings you have done for both the original, and the new PQ, instead of just guessing.

Yippee! I have discovered the problem thanks to your advice. I was entering the co-ords the wrong way!! Mega Thanks for making me examine it in great detail! :rolleyes: