Calififornia / Nevada Mega Trails

humboldt flier

Am contemplating HIKING / WALKING:

The Mega Trails in California & Nevada. YES YOU READ IT RIGHT WALKING THE WHOLE SEE-BANG. (During the cooler winter months)

Route 66.

Yermo Trail.

E.T. Trail.

PLUS their associated Geo-Art:

Rte. 66 Shield.

Head Alien.

UFO.

Am looking for a few hardy souls / whack jobs such as me and support team.

Looking for introspective well conceived comments.

Of course flamers are encouraged as they offer insights as well.

Edited by humboldt flier

Have done the ET 1500 and recently finished the last 500 - took 4.5 days of drive time with a team to do the drive only part for the 2000 - so your proposal might be enticing for someone who is, perhaps, retired and has unlimited time. Hiking up some of the mountain passes could really require a hardy soul! AND that's just the ET hwy part. The geo arts already require walking. I did enjoy a break from power trail driving to throw in a mere 50 or so to hike to but not sure I'd ever be hardy enough to WALK the entire (almost) 200+ miles of just the ET highway, let alone another 80 or so miles of the Yermo trail. I'll be curious to see responses to this thread! :unsure:

We just got back from doing the ET in a van. We joked that it would have been helpful to have a refueling backup vehicle complete with NASCAR style tanks so that we didn't have to stop and run to Tonopah for more gas with 250 left on the trail. However, that timing put us back on the trail after moonset and the star filled sky made the detour totally worthwhile.