[FEATURE] Pimp the "owned caches" page

wesi

http://www.geocaching.com/my/owned.aspx shows the cache name and the date it was last found. Yawn.

How about showing in addition

* status flags (like "needs maintenance", or if a finder posted updated coords)

* favorite points

* total logs since publish / total logs in past 30 days

* number of trackables present

If done right, this would give cache owners a one stop shop to check on the health and status of their caches. I'd say you can't reasonably expect cache owners who own 50+ caches to closely follow all emails that are pouring in ... a more meaningful status screen sure would make a difference!

-wesi

http://www.geocaching.com/my/owned.aspx shows the cache name and the date it was last found. Yawn.

How about showing in addition

* status flags (like "needs maintenance", or if a finder posted updated coords)

* favorite points

* total logs since publish / total logs in past 30 days

* number of trackables present

If done right, this would give cache owners a one stop shop to check on the health and status of their caches. I'd say you can't reasonably expect cache owners who own 50+ caches to closely follow all emails that are pouring in ... a more meaningful status screen sure would make a difference!

-wesi

First of all, I like your suggestion. There is a lot of useful data that could be added to that page that would help cache owners.

However, I *do* expect cache owners to be able to follow email notifications on all of their caches, whether it's 50, 5, or 500. If they can't follow notifications such as NM/NA notifications, reviewer notes, or suggested coordinate changes on all their caches, then perhaps they own too many caches.

I don't expect owners to read every Found It log. But as NYPaddleCacher indicated, they should keep up with Needs Maintenance, Needs Archived, and similar email notifications.

But still, it would be nice to have more information on the "owned caches" page.

I agree with the concensus. Part of owning a cache is to review the logs, if you don't want to readthe logs for 50 hides, then don't hide 50 caches. I find some also helpful when the finder indicates that the cache is in good shape, or even takes a picture of the contents for me to look at.

One stat I'd like to see tracked along with our finds, hides, challenges completed, and trackables logged is a cumulative total of owned caches found by others.

This request points to a more generalized need for better list handling.

Any of the several lists that are presented should be customizable with the ability to add relevant columns from a predetermined selection, or hide those which we deem irrelevant.

I was just thinking about doing this! I think its a brilliant idea. It's not about keeping track of maintenance needs (as you say, read the emails, read the logs, look at the cache page) etc., but it's a simple way that we as cache owners can check out some good stats on our caches quickly and clearly. It would be cool to look at them and see what has lots of finders, favorite points, etc. It would help us when considering what we could do for our next hides, and where we may have missed the mark previously. Just some analytical stuff for us. But then again, I'm a business statistics freak. My owned caches are my business and I like them to turn a "profit".

Yeah sure, you can do all of this is GSAK or through a PQ, but it couldn't be too hard for GS to make that small change to the page http://www.geocaching.com/my/owned.aspx