Submersible Cache Container

While searching for a spot to hide a different cache, I found a great spot for an underwater cache. I've searched the forums for ideas on workable containers, and I think I'm going to go with a lock-n-lock inside another lock-n-lock.

My question is about weighing it down. I was thinking of making a mold, pouring in cement, then pressing the outer container into that. The whole thing would then be put into the water upside down so the top of the container is on the bottom.

Would this work? Anything anyone would suggest? I plan on using waterproof paper inside, just in case.

While searching for a spot to hide a different cache, I found a great spot for an underwater cache. I've searched the forums for ideas on workable containers, and I think I'm going to go with a lock-n-lock inside another lock-n-lock.

My question is about weighing it down. I was thinking of making a mold, pouring in cement, then pressing the outer container into that. The whole thing would then be put into the water upside down so the top of the container is on the bottom.

Would this work? Anything anyone would suggest? I plan on using waterproof paper inside, just in case.

The outer lock-n-lock will leak water. The deeper it is, the faster it will leak. Once the outer L&L gets nearly full of water, the inner L&L will start leaking.

Definitely use waterproof paper. Even if leaking wasn't an issue, some finders likely will be handling the log with damp hands.

Anorher way to do it is not to try to keep the water out. A net bag for container and a scuba diver's writing pad for logbook.

This ^^

Takes care of the buoyancy issue. Though I wouldn't use a net bag, as it'll snag on all manner of things, just put a bunch of holes in any decent plastic container, and use a dive slate.

Gold coins handle submersion well and make good swag too ;-) - just in case you were wonder how to swag up this container

I've found several where they used the stainless steel water bottles that you get at Bed, Bath, Beyond and elsewhere for about $3.

Weigh it down with fishing sinkers and put your log in a bison. The inside of these bottles was dry and some had been under a long time and was encrusted with barnacles, etc.

There's a night paddle cache in this area with a submerged container at the end. I think he's using an otter box inside a waterproof pouch and right in the rain paper just for extra zing.

As a tangent to the thread as the title made me think of this-does anyone out there remember a puzzle cache that used a remote control submarine to deliver the cache? Either I have dreamed it or saw it in here years ago.