Trade AKC Golden Retriever pup for 4wd

rambobear

We need something better then our new Ford Focus wagon to go geocaching! Or should I say something tougher? Something that will go where no normal family car should go. A four wheel drive so we can become true offroading geocachers!

About the puppy. He is 9 weeks old, AKC registered, born and raised here, well socialized and handled since birth. And cute too!

We are located in Southern California in the high desert area. 4 Wheel drive must be in excellent running condition so we wont get stuck out in the boonies. Looks don't matter, just innards do. Car or truck, doesn't matter, just has to run and be safe. Thanks!

not to stir the pot.. but why is this a good offer? The newspapers just about everywhere are littered with "akc goldens" ranging in price from free to thousands of dollars. I can't believe you would trade a dog for a car.. I hope if you do this you screen the buyer, to make sure the puppy goes to a good home.

I hope also that your sire and dam have health clearances (OFA/PENN hips and elbows, OFA heart, eye clearances) to make sure they arent passing genetic diseases or defects along to their pups. I'm sure they do have clearances, of course, but those are some things for prospective "buyers or traders" to consider...

Why would they flip out any more than selling AKC pups for cash like is done daily?

Personally, I prefer saving mutts from the pound -- but there are certainly a lot of people that breed and sell such pets for a living. While many animal rights people don't really like that (mainly because they think there are enough pets in the world that need help without breeding more purebreds) -- I don't think that they would be much more "flipped out" over selling one for cash and then using that cash to buy a truck -- versus just trading the pup for said truck...

- John...

quote:
Originally posted by ChiefPig:

Wow, either pups are very expensive in California or Jeeps are cheap.

That's what I'm thinking also

Around here you can pick up AKC Golden Retrievers from breeder (not pet store) for about $250 and even a junk jeep runs from $500 and up, if it runs then it is at least $1000 with a rusty body and all.

I can't figure out if I should buy some pups here and take them there and sell them, or go there and buy some jeeps and bring them back here and sell them here.

Maybe both

:>0